Risk Taking Mission and Service includes the projects, the efforts and work people do to make a positive difference in the lives of others for the purposes of Christ, whether or not they will ever be a part of the community of faith. The adjective of “risk taking” takes people into ministries that push them out of their comfort zone – which changes both their lives and the ones they serve.
It is also one of the fundamental activities of church life that is so critical that failure to practice it in some form results in a deterioration of the church’s vitality and ability to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
In every act of compassion, people touch Christ.
Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me. Matthew 25:40
Ministry Opportunities in Risk Taking Mission & Service:
- Volunteer to serve at church – in any capacity
- Volunteer to serve outside of church in community service
- Serve on a mission trip
- Ring a Salvation Army Bell or Organize ringers
- Deliver donations
- Drive for Meals on Wheels
- Give blood or organize blood drives
- Help with food at an event (ie serving pizza at jump, community day)
- Make cookie (food) donations when needed
- Work a habitat for humanity project for a day
- Donate food & Items for local food pantries& mission projects
- Give to loose coin collection (red bags)
A mission trip is being planned for next April during the schools spring break, the week of April 6th. For more information click Mission Trip.
For more information contact the church at email@example.com.